Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enfo

Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enfo

โพสต์โดย blueberryjerry » 09 มิ.ย. 2017 16:33

Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn. Adrian Peterson Womens Jersey .ca. Hey Kerry, Thanks for your insight on some great situations! I dont always agree with your assessment but I appreciate it. My simple question is this; since when did goalie interference become a reviewable thing? During the Hawks-Kings game 1, Toews was driving the net, got a bounce off the skate of a d-man and the pucks goes in the net. As the puck is crossing the line, Toews gets a gentle nudge from said d-man falling onto Quick, even though he did everything but levitate to avoid him. Goal called good on-ice, Toronto calls no goal for goalie interference. While it didnt matter in the end, Id still love to understand better. Thanks! JasonHouston, TX ----- Hi Kerry, I would just like to have some clarification on this disallowed goal in the Los Angeles versus Chicago Western conference game #1. The call originally was called a goal. Then when reviewed they said that there was goalie interference. Isnt the rule you cant review goalie interference? And if they called it off because of goalie interference why was there not a penalty? Thanks,Jordan Pearson ----- Kerry, Can you tell me why Jonathan Toews spectacular goal on Jonathan Quick was disallowed in second period today? Theres no doubt there was contact, but Toews received a slight push in the back on the drive to the net. Even if there was a goal disallowed by contact, I thought that call had to be made by the on ice officials. It looked from the lengthy headset conference that the call was made by Toronto. What gives? Mike Kedzierski Jason, Jordan and Mike, I can understand your confusion once referee Marc Joannettes initial decision to allow Jonathan Toews goal was reversed following discussion with the other members of the officiating crew and then a rather lengthy teleconference with the Situation Room personnel in Toronto. The correct protocol was implemented by the on-ice officials to determine that Toews goal would be disallowed based on incidental contact with Jonathan Quick in the goal crease. The officials quickly gathered for a conference just 10 seconds after Joannette pointed into the net to signal the scoring of Toews goal. The conference (protocol) became necessary because the other officials had important information to share with Joannette on how and why the puck entered the net illegally from their perspective. This play was a classic case of incidental contact with the goalkeeper that should result in no goal and no penalty under Rule 69. Toews received a lead pass through a seam that required his abrupt hard left turn toward the crease for the Hawks captain to make a scoring attempt. Slava Voynov followed close behind in pursuit and used an active stick to separate Toews from the puck a split second before Quick, positioned fully within his blue paint, pushed his paddle toward the puck and made contact with Toews skates at the edge of the crease. In spite of the contact to his skates by Quicks goal stick, Toews was in too close and going too hard (momentum) to effectively stop or avoid contact with the goalkeeper, regardless of any effort to "levitate", Jason. Voynov placed his glove on the pants of Toews after the Hawk was in flight from contacting the goal stick with his skate. Toews made significant contact with Quick inside the crease, causing the goalkeeper to be knocked laterally and allowed the puck to enter the net off the skate of Voynov. Referee Joannette was unable to observe these developments and render an initial decision on the goalkeeper interference, based on his position deep behind the goal line and against the end boards on the opposite side of the goal as Toews was attacking the net. By the time the referee had curled to the other side, the contact had long since taken place and the puck was in the net. Both linesmen rushed to the referee following his point toward the net and as Toews got up off the ice to celebrate. I am firmly convinced the goal was disallowed in the subsequent conference of officials, held at the timekeepers bench, based on the accurate information provided by the other members of the crew to referee Joannette! The system then broke down and needless confusion was created when the referee picked up the headset and engaged in a lengthy conversation with the Situation Room personnel in Toronto that lasted over a minute; even though interference on the goalkeeper is not reviewable. Beyond protocol, it is mandatory that the referee take the call when the headset is passed through the hole in the glass at the timekeepers bench and when a disputed goal has been scored. All goals are reviewed and Hockey Operations does need to be kept informed, since they have to answer questions from irate general managers (and on occasion owners). That part is reasonable and should be expected. This unusual delay however gave Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville, game broadcasters, members of the media and you (the fans) an impression that the call was reversed through video review. That impression is understandable because none of you have ever been on the other end of that headset nor have you had the direct line ring in the officials dressing room between periods. Toronto wants to know every detail and control the process where they can. If they could referee the game from mission control, Im convinced they would. Since that is not yet an option the phone line is their best source to exert and maintain control. The nature of this particular conversation however, should have been very brief and controlled by the referee. Joannette should have informed the caller on the other end of the line that, "following a conference of the four officials, it was determined that incidental contact with goalkeeper Quick by Toews took place prior to the puck entering the net. We have NO GOAL and NO PENALTY on the play!" The ref should have then handed the headset through the hole in the glass, moved back from the side boards to his broadcast position, clicked on his microphone and made the exact same announcement to the hockey world that was waiting patiently for the referees decision. Alvin Kamara Youth Jersey . FLIP SAUNDERS (Timberwolves): Im not the least bit surprised that he appointed himself as head coach after his search concluded. Marcus Williams Jersey . A person familiar with the decision told The Associated Press the Steelers will part ways with the former Pro Bowler, a move that hardly serves as a surprise after fifth-year linebacker Jason Worilds agreed to accept a "transition player" tag last week. http://www.officialsaintslockroom.com/adrian-peterson-jersey-saints-jersey-98/ . - Mike Magee converted two penalty kicks in a 10-minute span of the first half and the Chicago Fire beat Sporting Kansas City 2-1 on Sunday.LAS VEGAS, Nev. - Floyd Mayweather worked far too hard against Marcos Maidana their last time out to have to do it again in the rematch Saturday night. Mayweather dominated Maidana from the opening bell, using his boxing skills to keep the Argentine off balance and pile up points on his way to a unanimous 12-round decision to retain his welterweight and super welterweight titles before a crowd at the MGM Grand that sometimes booed the lack of action. It almost came at a cost, though, in a bizarre scene in the eighth round when Mayweather claimed that Maidana bit him on his wrist while they were in a clinch near the centre of the ring. "He bit me!" Mayweather yelled to the Showtime announcers working ringside. Mayweather remained unbeaten in his remarkable 18-year pro career, winning for the 47th time and doing it with such dominance that about the only one complaining about the decision was Maidana. "I was pressuring him and I was the aggressor," Maidana said. "I won the fight." Mayweather earned at least $32 million for the rematch, bringing his total purses to more than $100 million in the last year. Though he wasnt marked up, he was upset over the bite. "We were tangled in the centre of the ring and I didnt realize what it was. Then I saw that he bit me," Mayweather said. "After the eighth round my fingers were numb, I couldnt use my left hand." Maidana denied he bit Mayweather. "How can he say I bit the glove with my mouthpiece?" Maidana asked. "Im not a dog." The fight was a marked contrast to their first bout in May, when Maidana roughed Mayweather up in a close fight. Mayweather won that bout, but it was close enough for Mayweather to offer an opponent only the second rematch of his career. Maidana wont get a third fight after failing to land any big punches. Two ringside judges scored it 116-111 for Mayweather, while the third had it 115-112. The Associated Press had it 117-110. "I felt sharper in the first fight, my rhythm was off," Mayweather said. "I got hit with some shots tonight I shouldnt have gotten hit with. But that comes with the sport." Mayweather complained long after the first fight that Maidana was a dirty fighter, and complainedd even more when Maidana seemed to try to hit him below the belt in a clinch in the eighth round, then apparently tried to bite him. Adrian Peterson Jersey. Mayweather immediately jumped back and gestured to referee Kenny Bayless that Maidana bit him on the wrist. He went to his corner and showed Bayless where the bite was, then went over to the Showtime announcers table to complain. Maidana would later be penalized a point for tackling Mayweather as he tried desperately to find something that would work. By the end of the ninth round, Maidana was so out of sorts he went to the wrong corner when the bell rang. Maidana spent many of the early rounds trying to figure out a way to get inside like he did in May. Mayweather kept him at a distance, circling around and landing left jabs and hooks, then scampering out of the way before Maidana could respond. Punch stats showed Maidana throwing far more punches (572-326) while Mayweather landed more (166-128). Mayweathers was hit with only 22 per cent of punches while landing 51 per cent of his own. "I do have some bumps and bruises," Mayweather said. "But I listened to my dad (trainer Floyd Mayweather Sr.) who always said hit and not get hit. Thats the way you last in this sport." Mayweather was a 6-1 favourite in the fight, even though Maidana gave him a tough time in their first bout. He showed why in the early rounds as he moved and boxed while Maidana chased him futilely around the ring. Mayweather was determined not to let the fight become anything like the first, when Maidana went after him wildly and mauled him at every opportunity. For the second fight, Mayweather came out boxing and did so beautifully during the opening rounds. Maidana was more cautious early than he was in the first fight, willing to take his time to find Mayweather. He finally began to pick up the pace in the fourth round, trapping Mayweather on the ropes and landing some shots to his body and head. Mayweather, though, showed he learned his lessons from the first fight, when he was cut over his right eye and took a lot of shots to the top of his head. A defensive wizard, he fought moving sideways and backward, throwing his left jab out and slipping the big punches thrown by the Argentine challenger. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
blueberryjerry

โพสต์: 377
ลงทะเบียนเมื่อ: 20 เม.ย. 2017 09:08

ย้อนกลับไปยัง กติกาการใช้เว็บบอร์ด

ผู้ใช้งานขณะนี้

กำลังดูบอร์ดนี้: ไม่มีสมาชิก และ บุคคลทั่วไป 3 ท่าน

x